Kennaraháskóli Íslands / University College of Eduaction
The Icelandic College of Education was founded in 1907 and it’s operations began a year later in 1908 in a new building at Laufásvegur 81. The original structural which is called the old college of education is now conserved by law. The first part of the new structure in Stakkahlíð var operational in 1962. The main building at Stakkahlíð was considerably expanded in 2002 when the construction of the new section Hamar was completed. The school merged with the University of Iceland on the 1st of July 2008 and became one of the five schools within the University. Future plans for the school are to find new accommodations for it’s operation closer to the University campus.
- The red dot indicates the location of the conference hall.